Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PW Leafs bash Lady Reign at Paramount

In a non-checking exhibition game, the Maple Leafs of Pasadena battled the Lady Reign at Paramount on Sunday December 12th. The game did not count in the standings, so the game sort of had a slow, quirky start to it.

Once everyone got their feet moving and broke a sweat, the Leafs dominated and relentlessly fired shots at and around the Lady Reign net. Here are some highlights by period. After the first, the score was 4-1, the shots were at least that!!

Chills and thrills from Period One

Perhaps it was 9-2 after two periods..

Goings on from the 2nd period

And some gems from the final stanza--

Third Per doings and stuff like that thar!


I just wanna say that was the least I have enjoyed one of the Leafs PW games, even though it was fun watching Jack get some nice shifts. I guess for me the team has a certain identity, and when they don't play that way, it leaves me wanting more. Like a good book that becomes a movie and loses something in the translation, I enjoy watching Kevin, Sean, Taylor and Danny get into people, and to see Andrew avoid checks and skate back to ride people off the puck with skill and power. When those elements aren't there, I feel a little short-changed. I need to remember that when Blake and the Bantam team plays the Lady Reign next level team in the after Christmas tourney in Valencia coming up..

No comments:

Post a Comment